Blue Bayfield Celebrates Success!
The Village of Bayfield is a progressive rural community located on the shores of Lake Huron. The Village of Bayfield has a rich history and a promising future. The residents and business owners in this village are committed to working together to grow a vibrant and prosperous community that includes caring for our environment and precious Great Lake.
Blue Bayfield would like to celebrate the actions and successes of this forward thinking group of individuals and organizations. Together, we can build a healthy and sustainable community!
Blue Bayfield’s Initiatives
- Blue Bayfield along with other community partners has installed five water bottle refilling stations throughout the Village of Bayfield.
- Blue Bayfield has invested in a Mobile Water Unit that is present at most Village events.
- Blue Bayfield has partnered with Love Your Greats and participates in annual beach clean ups.
- Blue Bayfield promotes better environmental awareness throughout the Village of Bayfield, through the “I Drink Tap Water” campaign.
- Blue Bayfield participates in the international Blue Communities Project.
Bayfield’s Business Initiatives
- A large portion of Bayfield’s business community offers and provides biodegradable packaging, offers paper not plastic, and provides alternatives to single use water bottles.
- Many of Bayfield’s retailers offer unique re-cycled, up-cycled, locally made and sustainable products.
- Bayfield’s chefs source their ingredients from local food producers and growers, reducing their carbon footprints and increasing flavour profiles!
Bayfield’s Community Partners Initiatives
- The Bayfield Farmers’ Market is officially a Blue Market. The Market has banned the bottle, provides sustainable packaging and offers only local grown and produced wares.
- The Bayfield Town Hall is officially a Blue Venue. The Town Hall has banned the bottle, provides sustainable packaging at all events and promotes a blue message to its visitors.
- The Bayfield Arena and Community Centre is officially a Blue Venue. The Arena and Community Centre has banned the bottle, has installed a water station and promotes a blue message to its visitors.
- The Bayfield and Area Chamber of Commerce is officially a Blue Chamber. The Chamber utilizes eco friendly marketing practices and promotes eco-awareness among its members.
- The Bayfield Breeze provides paperless news to Village residents and visitors near and far.
- The Bayfield Trails Association, Bayfield Tree Project and Bayfield River Flats work to better our community through protecting land and planting trees.
- The Municipality of Bluewater and Pioneer Park work together to ensure that Bayfield’s beach and marina maintain a Blue Flag status.
- Pioneer Park, with the help of other local volunteer organizations and the ABCA, have installed two beautiful Rain Gardens that work to protect Lake Huron from dangerous run off.